April 19, 2012

Progress!

We have finally seen some progress on things!  Thank goodness!

We now have access to all of our house for the first time which is wonderful.  All of the boxes (except 2 stragglers that I'm still figuring out what to do with) are now either unpacked or put in the basement.  We have a nice newly redone laundry room-complete with a brand new washer and dryer!  Best of all-we have a completely inhabitable master bedroom!  The management company ended up having to completely rip out and replace the carpet and padding in the master bedroom.  Its fantastic to not be crammed into the spare room with all of our stuff all over.  We now have more space than we know what to do with.

There are definitely still some things that need to be attended to but we can really start making this place our home now.  I feel much more comfortable.  We even got cable and internet hooked up today!  I can actually write this post from home! 

On a slightly less positive note we had a crazy windy day this week and my car unfortunately took a bit of hit....literally.  We now know that we shouldn't park our cars under the tree in our driveway during storms-the branches seem to snap off fairly easily.  I guess we just had to learn that one the hard way.

Now that things have settled down with the house a bit I can start working on some projects, decorating, and finding a job.  Oh the fun part of relocating!  I'm hoping being able to search from home will help me be a bit more productive on the job search front.

This weekend we are heading back to Madison for the UW Varsity Band Spring Concert.  I'm extremely excited to go to the concert and be back in Madison for a couple of days.  I'm hoping I will come back ready to really get going on things here!

No comments:

Post a Comment