June 1, 2012

Rainy Friday

I think for the first time since we moved it is actually raining on a day it was predicted to rain on!  I'm pretty okay with that-I've had a nice low key week.  I actually haven't done any real yard work in about a week (although I was able to mow our lawn!! Our little baby grass is doing so well)!  It's been a nice little break.

For the holiday weekend Matt and I decided to just have a weekend to ourselves.  It was great.  We really hadn't had a weekend that we did whatever we wanted since we moved.  We didn't do anything around the house except cleaning up from our meals.  It was just what we needed.  On Friday we went to a concert at DTE Pine Knob which is like a mini-Alpine Valley.  Overall it's a nice outdoor venue.  The concert was Eddie Money-I honestly don't know any of his music but it's the first concert of the season every year and some of Matt's high school friends were going so it seemed like a nice night out.  It was great meeting some girls Matt went to school with.  They were really sweet.  The drive home was a bit more eventful than I would have hoped.  I was the designated driver for the night (driving Matt's car) so Matt could enjoy hanging out with old friends and on the drive home one of his tires completely blew out.  Unfortunately it was at about 12:30 am on one of the busiest highways/express ways in the area.  I decided it was best just to call the police and a tow truck to get the tire changed.  We finally got home and in bed around 3 am.  A bit more of an adventure than I expected but things could have gone much worse.  I was just happy I was completely sober so I could deal with everything!  Matt and I have now decided we should take an afternoon and figure out how to change the tires on both of our cars.  Although I will say even if I had known how to change his tire I still would have called the police.  It just feels so much safer having them there.

Saturday was rainy and a perfect dreary day to check out garage sales.  We even ended up getting quite the find:

We've been in desperate need of a dresser so when we saw this guy for a good price we snatched it up.  Thankfully it fit in Matt's car....just barely!

Oh, on Friday I finally finished and hung up a project of mine.  This screen used to be bright blue.  Since we moved I've sanded it down, cleaned it up and stained it.  It finally got hung up and put to use as a jewelry holder on Friday.  I'm really quite happy with how this one turned out!

Sunday we took a trip to Ann Arbor.  It's kind of almost exactly like Madison (minus the lakes and fantastic capitol).  I loved it!  There's a sweet downtown area and we had lunch at a fantastic little restaurant that someone here told me we can also find in downtown Detroit.  Although I loved downtown Ann Arbor our main reason for heading that direction was actually to go to World Market (LOVE that store!).  Matt was pretty excited too since they had 50% off all of their grilling stuff.  We bought a grill last week so Matt actually made out better on that trip than I did!  But we put everything we got to good use right away and made a fantastic maple glazed salmon dinner on the grill Sunday night.  We're getting quite good at trying new recipies (last night I made some super yummy homemade granola-it was so easy).  Thankfully I have a cute little recipe box to keep all of the keepers in :)

Monday was a nice lazy day around the house topped off with dinner at Matt's parents complete with a game of bocce in which Matt and I continued to be the reigning champs. 

This week has gone fairly quickly.  I haven't done a whole lot.  Unfortunately last night was the only night this week I actually slept through the entire night.  I've had a terrible case of insomnia lately.  Hopefully that goes away soon.  I'd love to not feel like a walking zombie during the day.

Today is a cleaning/laundry/errand day.  I'm not quite sure what this weekend has in store.  I'm guessing a trip to the farmer's market and then who knows what.  Hopefully something low key!

I hope you all had a lovely Memorial Day weekend.  I'll be sure to post again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment