September 9, 2013

Updates

Well hello long lost friends!  It is crazy how fast this summer has gone.  Overall it's been great though.  The wedding went fantastically and it seems as though everyone had a good time.  Since then the summer has flown by.  The weekend after our wedding we were on our way to Kentucky for one of Matt's good college friend's wedding.  Things haven't stopped a lot since then.





In July I was lucky enough to be able to go to a conference in Madison for work.  It was so nice to be able to see my friends every night and it was great of everyone to make time for me.  The conference was okay-but pretty basic.  I'll take it though if it means I get a week in Wisconsin :)

Right before I left for the conference we had a small electrical fire on the outside of our house.  No damage to anything we own but it did get us really thinking about how long we want to stay in our current house.  As much as we'd like to buy a house it just isn't in the cards for us right now.  We're hoping our landlord will agree to let us out of our lease early (or sublease) so we can find a slightly nicer/safer house that we can sign a multi-year lease for.  You might be surprised to see that we're looking for a multi-year lease but...Matt started grad school tonight so we'll be here for at least two and half more years! Yay....and yes that is sarcasm you are sensing (about the 2.5 years-not grad school) ;)  Really though it should be okay.  I like my job and I'm excited at the prospect of getting in to a new house, so I'm working on convincing myself I can handle a couple more years.  Even if we can't get out of our lease we'll still leave at the end of it-I'd just rather move in September or October over early March.  Hopefully it will all work out.

We just got back from our honeymoon which was also our first vacation in over two years!  It was great to get away for us.  We stayed for a week in Rivera Maya at an all inclusive resort.  The resort was great-they only had spotty internet so you really could just disconnect from everything.  We did one excursion to Chichen Itza and other than that just laid on the beach or by the pool.  Here's a nice picture of our view on the beach:


It was a great break but it's also kind of nice to get back to reality....and a land where you can drink the water.  It's the little things for me :)  I hope you're all doing well.  Feel free to drop me a line any time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment