July 25, 2012

Settling In

Well I am now in my third week at the new job.  It's been going okay so far.  I definitely have had to get used to getting up and going to work every day again.  Like everything in life things aren't always what they appear with the new job but I'm still going to try and make the best of it and learn as much as possible.  Which brings us to a good quote- "If you want to be happy, be" Leo Tolstoy.  I am going to try and use this as a new motto (for lack of a better word). 

I think, as much as I've been trying to like it here, I've been comparing everything to Madison.  Sadly, I don't think we'll ever find another place as great in so many ways as Madison was and I just need to start recognizing that.  I do still think my goal will be to move back to Madison at some point (I really don't think there is a better place to raise a family) but for now I just need to be happy with where we are at.  I'm really hoping that since I have a job now Matt and I can start to explore more of what the Detroit area has to offer.  I'm thinking I'll like it here more and feel more at home once I know more about the city and it's cultural offerings.

We're kind of doing that this Friday.  Although we have already gotten a membership to the zoo and visited a couple of times, we will be going to our first zoo fundraiser this Friday.  It's called "Wild Beasts, Wild Wine"  It pretty much sounds like a wine tasting at the zoo-which sounds pretty fantastic to me!  After this weekend we have a few busy weekends ahead of us.  Matt has a bachelor party, we have a house-warming party in a different state, and we're planning a trip back to Madison all in August!  Then we have weddings for two fantastic couples to go to in September and October.  It's really crazy how time flies!  So, even though everything isn't living up to expectations or hopes, I'm still going to work hard on finding good things to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment