June 25, 2012

Visitors

Sorry for the two week lag!  We had our first house guests!  My sister and grandmother left this morning after staying with us for a week.  Overall I think it was a fun week- although I think it was the hottest week of weather I've ever dealt with!

We did some catching up, a bit of sightseeing, and lots of cooking!  I don't think I've ever had that much food in my refrigerator.   We got to go to a Tigers baseball game on Tuesday.  The temperature at the opening of the first inning was 93 degrees...at 7:10pm!  Crazy.  It ended up being a pretty good game-Detroit won so that always helps.  We did some shopping the next couple of days and some things around our house.  Always nice to have my grandma around to help me figure out what to do with my plants and figure out old curtains.

Thursday we went out to dinner with Matt's parents.  I think that was a success as well.  We went to a pizza place we'd never been to before and it was really good.  I'm glad we've found a good place around here to go for pizza.  Only problem is it's very popular, doesn't seat a lot of people, and doesn't take reservations.  I think we figured out if we go before 6:30 we can get seated fairly quickly.  Friday Matt took half a day off of work and we went to The Henry Ford-a very interesting and huge museum in Dearborn.  It's truly amazing the things they have in that museum.  If you are ever in this area that should be on your must see list.  Right now they have a special exhibit going on-The Titanic.  Definitely worth getting the extra ticket for that.  It's crazy how much stuff they've been able to recover from the wreckage.

Saturday saw a trip to the zoo.  Well first the farmer's market, then the zoo.  The market here is like a somewhat sad little sister of the one in Madison but I'll take it anyway.  The zoo was great.  It was only in the mid 80's that day so it felt almost comfortable :)  We stayed there for about 4 hours so we could be there for the 3:00 giraffe feeding.  My sister got to feed a giraffe-her favorite animal.  She was like a kid at Christmas.  Definitely worth hanging out for an extra hour.  Sunday was a nice day around the house.  We didn't do much-just kind of enjoyed the cooler weather (down to about 75-ish) and enjoyed a bit more time together.  Matt and I made a nice dinner on the grill and my sister made a nice dessert.  Then we finished off the evening and visit with a nice movie.  All in all a nice week.

Now I'm back to my days of having the house to myself.  I'm hoping something will come up on the job front soon.  And in the meantime-I have a trip planned to Wisconsin for 4th of July coming up soon to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment